This is not just a painting- it is a wall mural. Can you imagine coming into the room and looking at this, life size, on one of your walls? I think it would be fantastic to always have a lovely view like this to gaze out from the arches and see the ocean. I wish I could paint well enough to make this a mural in my home.
There just seems to be something so warm and even romantic about a fire in the fireplace. If there is one thing I could think of I like about the cold weather it is the chance to light a fire in the fireplace. We usually put some pillows on the floor and watch a good movie on the television with popcorn at hand.
The comfort of a warm fire helps keep our family together and feeling that our house is a home. I am always glad when we all agree on a good thing.
I’ve been invited out to a friends house for Thanksgiving this year. I’m very grateful for the invitation; I’ve had a hectic autumn and it looks like a hectic winter is approaching, so not having to clean and cook and entertain at my house this year is a blessing! The only drawback is that I won’t have as much leftover turkey as I like to have for leftover meals. So I guess I’ll be buying a turkey breast anyway and cooking it up here at home so we can have leftover turkey no matter what. I’ll be making a cranberry-orange-apple relish dish to take with me to the dinner to share with the other guests. It’s a recipe I’ve had for about four years now, and I like it a lot. I hope the other guests will like it too!
For the family reunion that we are planning on hosting next year at my parents place we have decided to get some custom design t-shirts made up with our family crest and name printed on them to give out to each guest. Even though this reunion isn’t for almost another year there is so much to do and I fear this year will go quicker then ever and that we won’t get everything done and ready in time, it won’t be for the lack of trying though and I’m so glad that I’m not trying to do it all on my own.
Thanks for the guest post Sherry Costello!Moving into a new house can be an exciting and fun adventure. Taking time to house shop is a great way to see what it is you are looking for in your new home and to narrow down what you don’t want. Some of the basics you want to look for include square footage, bedroom sizes, and kitchen appliances. But there are some other things to consider that you might not initially think about. Here are 5 things that every house needs that might help you to find the perfect house:
1. Security. Having a new home is a big deal. Having a safe home is a bigger deal. A home security system is an important feature that will help you out in the long run. If the house does not have a system already installed, it is a good idea to get one before you move in so that the installation does not interfere with your move-in. When it comes to finding a security system, take some time to browse online at different types of alarms (e.g. homesecurity911.com/adt/) to get the best for your new house.
2. Landscape. Lawn care might not seem like a hassle when you are looking for a house or when you first move in, but outdoor maintenance can quickly become a chore that is more hassle than its worth. A good way to save yourself some work is to add landscaping to your yard. It will save you work and also add character and style to your house.
3. Storage. When looking for a house, many people forget to think about storage space. It might not seem like an important component, but having storage space can be a lifesaver as the years go on and you begin acquiring bigger and more things. Storage keeps clutter from forming around the house, which prevents your living spaces from becoming storage.
4. Neighborhood. Finding a new house is much more than a single home search. You want to examine the neighborhood around your house to make sure it is in an area that you can feel comfortable in. Know where schools are, grocery stores, a local coffee shop, and other important landmarks that will help you get acclimated. It also helps to find a house that is close to something that fits your social and entertainment needs as well. It will make a big difference in how you grow and live in your new house.
5. Comfort. At the end of the day, you always want comfort. Your new house should accommodate everything you need from the carpets and floors to the kitchen appliances. There are many features in a house that might appear to be welcoming and accommodating, but if you focus too much on luxury and price, you might not have the quality that you desire in a home.
Finding a new home takes a lot of time and effort to ensure that you have everything you need to live happily and comfortably. There are many things to take into consideration that will help you to decide what and where the best house is for you. Aside from the number of rooms and whether or not there is a jacuzzi tub, keep these things in mind when looking for a house.